1979-81 Oil Sump Strainer Gasket Scan

Recreateme

XS400 Addict
Reaction score
Hey everyone, same thing as last time, I ordered another new gasket and it wasn't exactly hard to find, but it wasn't super easy so I thought I would scan for my own use and thought since you guys may eventually need one and like making your own gaskets here i would post up the scanned image.

Its listed as part number 1L9-13414-00-00 (GASKET, STRNR COVER) on boats.net, and is the gasket that is used to seal the oil sump strainer cover under the engine. From what i can gather it will fit bikes from 77-81.

This is a 1:1 scale when printed on standard 8.5x11" paper, do not 'fit to page', print to 'actual size'.

Cheers

Attachments

• 79 Yamaha XS400 - Oil Sump Gasket.pdf
    59.2 KB · Views: 429
I already made a new one a while back when I had my sump screen cover off.

very seldom to I ever buy new gaskets.
Only when I cant trace them or make them out of silicon.

It would work for a while I guess:laugh: You can find sheet gasket material at any auto parts store. Just make sure it's thin enough to be cut to work.

I've heard about people using milk cartons as well, those can sometimes last for years. But for the price of a piece of a sheet of gasket material I wouldn't see the point in trying really

Sometime you can fine good deals on oem ones. I picked up 5 for 7.99 shipped on ebay about a year ago.

Thats true Chris, i was only able to find a couple gasket listing on ebay for Canada, i would imagine some countries you may have trouble getting anything, and in a pinch you can't always shop around for deals haha

At least this way someone can have a makeshift temp bracket made out of a folder, or milk carton that may last a trip, or between changes until they can get a real one, and also because i scanned it for myself (now i always know where to find it, regardless of the computer I am at haha)

Thats true Chris, i was only able to find a couple gasket listing on ebay for Canada, i would imagine some countries you may have trouble getting anything, and in a pinch you can't always shop around for deals haha

At least this way someone can have a makeshift temp bracket made out of a folder, or milk carton that may last a trip, or between changes until they can get a real one, and also because i scanned it for myself (now i always know where to find it, regardless of the computer I am at haha)

It's a good idea:thumbsup:

Back