1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Facebook people... We've created a group for XS400.com members to connect. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Want an XS400.com t-shirt? Go to the store to order. Limited sizes and quantities available.
    Dismiss Notice

Featured 1980 Yamaha xs400 cafe/track bobber build

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by NAPALMROLLER, Sep 18, 2016.

1. xschris

xschris a lifestyle not a trend Top Contributor

Yes the xs400 never had a front wire disc here in the u.s. Only the xs360 came with that.

2. CBJamie

CBJamie XS400 New Member

Good info, as my screen name suggests i'm mostly a Honda guy. My first sreet bike was a 73 TX500 and i have a couple xs 650's now. never owned a xs400 but always liked them.

NAPALMROLLER likes this.
  3. It's a stock yami wheel ,wire wheels are dope as hell on anything especially if your trying to show some ol'school

4. burr

burr XS400 Enthusiast

Absolutely smashing. I have a butt-ugly purple coloured '81 XS400h, with the same wire wheels and drum brakes as you. Seat, bars and headlight need to be changed. Not trying to spend too much, and it's similar to your project from what i read in this thread.

Was thinking of stripping the paint, letting the raw metal show, and clear coating it. Hopefully it'll turn out ALOT like yours in terms of looks.

ANy issues installing that headlight? I need a whole new body and light etc, not sure what it's called exactly.
    Do you have a link or model# of that light you have?

5. Bart-Maxim

Bart-Maxim XS400 Member

Great build man! Did you shorten te original exhaust pipes to bring the mufflers a bit more to the front? Looks great!

NAPALMROLLER likes this.
  6. Yess sirr and rebaffled them a lil bit I cut it back to the mounts and from up top lookin down standing behind the exhaust tip cut angles slants inward
    Outside being furthest But yea thanks bro I done sold it and moved on w a 1980 Honda CB750F SS Been happy

Attached Files:

7. It’s the stock headlight w the mounting ears flipped upside down so it dropped level w the tank and thank you man it was a fun build for the most I just reshaped a lot of what was original to the bike it even had the original seat wrap on it reshaped and stretched check this out but the i covered it to preserve it longer

Attached Files:

8. A
    raw tank finish for ya

Attached Files:

9. danjoe

danjoe XS400danjoe

ontario
    awesome job. i have just started tearing down my bike and am looking forward to some help. i am in Ajax ontario Canada and am dying to get my bike going.