1982 Seca Project Newb

So bentwrench our idea for the battery box may be foiled. will it clear the chain? I dont have my motor at my place so I cant check.

Well, the chain doesn't run at all on the brake side... and that's where the negative battery cable runs in the stock version anyway.

There are other bobber style DOHCs on this site that did something similar... next time I see one I'll send the link.

sounds good. reegs just posted a maxim with a mount that I like but not sure how exactly he did it

I guess my question is will the cahin rub on the battery box if it is mount on the swingarm?

Painted.jpg

Got the paint mostly done. Still need to sand with 2000 and polish it out.

I know you mention rejetting the carbs. Check out Wright's Motorcycle in SLC. It's about 3500 S. State, right next to Harbor Freight.
It's a one stop shop having a motorcycle store directly next to Harbor Freight.

Anyway, I got jets for $3 each there I believe. the guys were super helpful about how many sizes to jump up based on the filters I got. I haven't got to try it yet, so we'll see. Even if it's wrong, I'll just go back for more jets.

Stoked to see photos of this thing when it's done. Tomorrow is going to be gorgeous here in SLC. First day over 50 degrees since November or so. Wish my bike was ready to ride!

Should be a nice day. I have mixed feeling though because I love to ski.

Good info on the shop. I would rather buy from local guys and go bs at a shop than buy stuff off of the net.

Well sanding and polishing has taken longer than expected but I have spring break next week!!!! Hopefully I will be able to get the chassis ready over the weekend, and start to put the motor in during my break.

I think Im going to start a new build thread a document my build from the beginning again. This thread is all over the place with random questions and shit, so Ill let you guys know when I switch to a new thread.

Back