1983 xs400 rear mono shock qestion

dayna400

XS400 New Member
Reaction score
im new to the xs 400's, im gonna chop and bobber out my rig. i noticed that an 83 has a mono shock set up, is it goning to be possible to add on dual shocks? what do u guys normally do with mono set up? or is 83 a shitty year to have for building a bobber? thanks everyone, like i said im new to these bikes, but i do more of harley sportster bobbers.. i love a bikes!! thanks

Don't follow the crowd! Make a mono shock version of it :p The Maxim and Seca's both have monoshock rear ends, and very similiar frames, while the xs400SE, H, etc etc are all dual rear exterior shocks with SOHC motors and 6 speeds.

If you are going to chop and bob the bike, I assume you can weld, in which case its terribly difficult.

I feel like you could pull off a decent looking (if not, unique) bobber from a monoshock. If a bobber doesn't work, I can envision something similar and a cult following of your build thread.
Best of luck!

I'm starting a similar project as you, I have an '82 maxim edition, with the monoshock. I'm looking to keep it softtail but do it bobber style. I'm most likely going to start a build thread!

btw this is my first post on this site! looks like a great place so far!

Back