2 XS400's for the price of one!

yeah...definately looking good...the guy I got my 400 from was building his second hardtail out of an xs650...I will have to do one of these eventually...just to get it off my mind!!LOL

I will post some photos. Been hitting road blocks lately, traveling for work and looking for a tank and fender in Canada is hard enough, but in the winter its impossible!! I don't want to put the last cross member behind the seat until I have a seat, fender and tank to mock up.

I posted another thread about removing the rotor to split the cases, which is another road block! I now have the proper bolt to remove the rotor and split the cases! BUT I leave traveling for work again on monday!!!!!!!

Thanks for the encouragement!!!!!!!!!

Still dont have pics, my computer died and I haven't had a chance to get them off the old one?

I did split the cases, cleaned everything down there and now reassebling them. I need these parts to put it completely back together:

1 valve seal
1 set of standard rings for 1 piston
clutch pushrod seal
gasket set

the engine was open in a basket with the cylinders off when I bought it, sawdust and whatever was falling in there. Thats why I took it right apart. The PO broke a ring and lost a valve seal.........

A motorcycle show/swap is in Toronto on March 26th, hope to source a tank, fender and maybe a seat there!!!

Back