81 xs 400 soft tail bobber

xskane

zach
Reaction score
ok update on the bike its been a while..since my last post..ok. rear section was cut took the original fender on the rear moved it forward slightly put 250 rebel shocks on to lower the rear out a little steel messh polished the motor...knuckle buster custom straight bar made by my friend and i... ok...need some ideas on what type of pod filter to run.. or a location to buy them or if any one can sell them how much to ship to 43736...framing the bike out and gonna lower the seat rails this winter or possibly fall...custom exhaust will come shortly after i get the pod filters...full straights to the back tire no baffles... also looking for hard saddle bags.. im thinking of turning the little four hunred into a bagger or the next one i build
also looking for cheap vintage bikes complete bikes.. will pay up to 300 for unwanted bikes maybe more if the deal is right

I got my pods from Out West Motorcycles. Just type in the model and it'll bring up parts. Item #E12-55748, $8 bucks apiece or so plus $6 bucks shipping. I had mine directly on the carbs for a while but ended up with them on the rubber boot. I like the looks better and you can use the stock crankcase breather.

i was planning on going with a aftermarket breather filter as well dunno if i wanna do crome or what yet havent decided on a permanent color for the bike im still building changing things around till i get the look i want cut a little here bend a little there never do to much at once its gonna be a nice bike when i am done then im gonna let it go just do basic maintenance and let it age naturally in about ten years it should have a nice vintage patena to it and i will pass it on to one of my cousins or something to that affect

Back