82-83 XS400R YICS tool?

Militant_Buddhist

XS400 Member
Reaction score
ok so I've got a hole in my head and it's SUPPOSED to be there. In fact, my XJ experience tells me it's a wonderful thing even if it requires an uber rare tool made from unobtanium to vacuum sync the carbs. Now that someone passed me two bikes that sure seem like my old XJ got sliced down the middle I'm wondering what to do for a YICS block-off tool as I will not be just cutting IT in half.

I wrote the above a little rambly and incoherent on purpose. If you haven't a damn clue what I'm yammering about then you prolly don't have an answer for me and if you DO know what I'm on about you'll prolly find it a little funny.

Thoughts? Drewpy? Jim? cturek?

can you not make one? I think there are plans on t'internet!

Put in a wanted ad and scour the "bay"

yeah making one is the plan I guess. Actually with concern for melting the tubing and all that I'm inclined to go the route of stuffing in oil-damp strips of cloth. I'm presently mulling over the problem from the ground up, picking my brain and yall's to see if there's a better answer based on the simplicity of the twin (2 ports to block instead of 4)
Maybe just a rod with some high temp o-rings in grooves in it's middle. Install, put the plug bolts back on both ends and sync. Poke enough out of one end to grab and remove when done.

Back