cafe rearsets

skillzman1

XS400 Junkie
Reaction score
Jim,
Correct me if I am wrong. But I don't think there is a kit for the 400. I know Omar has some plates. But I don't think you can get a Tarozzi kit for the lil' XS. I know I've been struggling with it for a while. I'm on version 3.0 now.

I welded plates in the openings of the rear peg frame work approximately 3" long...this should allow for freedom to drill/mount where I like..and even room for adjustment...then I cut the rest of the rear frame work off...trying to get the tubing finished up for cosmetics.
As soon as I get the welding finished up I'll post pics

"my thought was to get the universal kit"

That's basically what I did. I was lucky enough to find "86 GSXR rearsets" on fleabay. What he didn't list was, they were all Tarozzi. I got them for $41 shipped, and the plates are now somewhere in a box. I machined my own, but I've yet to be completely satisfied with the placement. I too prolly should have welded up mounts. But I was trying to keep the frame stock for some odd reason. I then ran the brake rod directly from the pedal. Even though the rod is bent all cool. It's kind of hokey. I need to do a pedal mod so I can kick this non magic button model over. Things you don't think about as a racer.

rassk make a kit for xs400 and pichler from germany made them for the xs400 cup.

1982_motorradreparatur.jpg

Last edited:
not to bad, look a bit bulky. i was thinking about getting these and mounting them on the pillion passengers foot peg location

Attachments

• rearset.jpg
    rearset.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 550
I should have looked at The whole thread, I only saw the prototype lol. I'm loving the almost finished product caddy!! Do you guys and girls think fitting them to the pillion peg location is to far back to mount them? Any ideas on mounting the rear brake master cylinder?

Most any rearset can be made to fit most any application. Even kits that claim to be "bolt-on" are rarely so. Get creative. Save $. I have used the ones off DTT for $75. fairly unsatisfied, the fit and finish was less than stellar. I had to put a good 3 or 4 hrs into them before they looked and operated smoothly on the spindle they provided. and still tons of fab to make them work.

Sorry for the crapy pics, but this set cost me $8.00. Using the stock passenger pegs and mounts.

SSPX0057.jpg

SSPX0055.jpg

SSPX0058.jpg

SSPX0064.jpg

To the Raask rearsets:

There two versions. One for this modell:

Yamaha-XS400-1977.jpg

an one for this modell:

2A2_79er.jpg

The frame of these modells are not identical.

None of these Raask (and also the pichler) fits to German 4G5:

SE.jpg

Thinking of getting one of the Raask rear-sets. Any one have a set that could offer an opinion on them?

Back