First post! Here is my xs400 bobber project!

Bobbed750

XS400 Member
Reaction score
Here is my first project, I'm feeling lazy so I'm just copying and pasting from another forum post.

Not reallt sure you can consider a bike a bobber if your fabricating over half of the frame, So I guess this one would be considered a chopper.

As she sat as of 3:30 today:

IMAG0903.jpg

After the sawzall massacre,
lengthening the backbone and going single.

IMAG0905.jpg

All joints into the factory frame will be slugged, radius welded along with 8 rosettes (4 on either side of jointed section)

Bending the upper rails

IMAG0910.jpg

Welding them on

IMAG0919.jpg

IMAG0915.jpg
IMAG0917.jpg

Thanks guys!

Yea, the sportster tank is hella played... but people like it and this is a "for-profit" bike, so figured I would just go mainstream with it.

yeah i agree with the played out sporty tank. those have always been played out lol. i have one just cuz it fits the bike. would love to go with a diff tank like my DT tank or something, but the backbone prevents me from doing so. :(

Yea, that's why I went single on this one. I really dislike"fresco" mounted tanks, and there's not alot of options with the weird triple backbone

Is the center tube going to be enough to support the bike? I assume that he will be putting in a down tube off of the Center tube extension. I am looking at ways to HT mine and most that I have seen still keep the Triple backbone and work from the back. I like the look of this one better but is it going to be structurally sound?

Back