FNG from KCMO

sharps09

XS400 Addict
Reaction score
Whats up everyone, great to finally get on the board. I've been lurking finally decided to join the ride. I picked this up last year for my birthday, actually my lady did as present. It ran but still was a basket. It dreams of being a Cafe one day, until then it will have to settle for a budget build.
Right now I am slowly acquiring parts to put her back together, just picked up new calipers, looking for some used 250 ninja master cylinders, then it will be building a home made seat. Stay tuned for the FUN!

:wtf:

Last edited:
DSCF1996.jpg

DSCF2019.jpg

DSCF1999_2.jpg

There we go.

Welcome to the forum man! The bike looks to be in great shape from what I can tell, but.....YOUR PICS ARE TINY!!! How are you posting them? Are they from a cell phone?

I thought that was the size the forum required so I made them small. Back to standard 5 - 6inched HAh!
DSCF2021.jpg

DSCF1999.jpg

DSCF1996-1.jpg

DSCF2015-1.jpg

Update... I got a whole braking system from an 03 ninja 250 for 35.00 off craigslist, clubmans for 30.00, some OG calipers for 52.00, and a 135.00 shipment from partsnmore including 2 carb kits, caliper kits, carb boots, headlight brackets, plug caps and a few more things I can't remember. I'm trying to keep it under 700.00 total, wish me luck. All the little things seem to add up quick + the shipping.
Oh yeah, I picked up some John Deere Blitz Black paint for the wheels too.
Photos to come.

Man, I'd keep the wheels that raw like that, I love it!!

Post up a write-up of your parts installations, especially the XS400 specific ones....they would be PERFECT to put in the Tech Section! Hell, send me the write-ups and I will put them together if you don't have the time. lol

These wheels have been killing me, I can't seem to get them clean. I have used a stripper for the clear that is made for aluminum, I've simple greened and wire brushed them 3-4 times and they still have black/grey spots all over. I have used a brass drill brush too. I feel like the brake dust on the rear just won't come off. Acetone didn't phase them either. I know that blasting them would be easiest but money is the issue, I have limited funds and unlimited elbow grease! please take a look and give me your ideas cause i'm about out.
DSCF2429.jpg

DSCF2435.jpg

:banghead:

Check out the mock-up cardboard seat I am going to be making soon. I stole the deminsions off the Airtech site, (can I do that), going to take the tank to a paintless dent remover soon b/c I tried to get it out with suction cups but it wouldn't budge. Anyone try the water method (fill it up with water and freeze it)? If so how'd it work.
DSCF2430.jpg

DSCF2431.jpg

DSCF2432.jpg

DSCF2433.jpg

This is what I hope mine resembles by july 4th. But all Xs, except maybe a tank if I can score it!
SnakeCharmer.jpg

Back