FUBAR's Build

sorry volc lol. i just really hated that triple tube factory set up. mine was straight just just sleeved it with some 1.75 " dom.stands are going gonna fab up anubby kickstand. & Thanks drewpy

Last edited:
just ordered 4th over 1.0 mm pistons from yamaha, coming all the way from japan. so a bore job is in the works..

not sure if i should powder my frame or just spray it with somthing. i think powder coat is expesive $$$$,
gona go with a colored frame and maybe flat black components. might try somthing other than ordinary though like army green and cream.

i used black oil resistant hi temp rtv gasket maker/sealer when i put back together the bottom case halves.. i then heard of a product cal yamabond or somthing that i should have used.. am i hooped and need to re-do or will i be fine. i was pretty generous and careful to cover it all.
thoughts??:wtf:

in uk, powder coating is so cheap compared to paint. my frame and swing arm was £75 and no effort as all the prep was done by the vendor!

yeah if you prep it your self, shouldnt be too much work. and i used the high temp rtv also. seems to be working ok for me, but then again, my bike doesnt run

just ordered 4th over 1.0 mm pistons from yamaha, coming all the way from japan. so a bore job is in the works..

not sure if i should powder my frame or just spray it with somthing. i think powder coat is expesive $$$$,
gona go with a colored frame and maybe flat black components. might try somthing other than ordinary though like army green and cream.

i used black oil resistant hi temp rtv gasket maker/sealer when i put back together the bottom case halves.. i then heard of a product cal yamabond or somthing that i should have used.. am i hooped and need to re-do or will i be fine. i was pretty generous and careful to cover it all.
thoughts??:wtf:
Yamabond,and Gasgacinch are made for gasket-less sealing or sealing one or both sides of gaskets that are hard to keep in place until you can join them together.Silicon is not tough enough to seal case halves,and will break off and end up in the motor or transmission,especially if too much is applied.Yamabond and Gasgacinch are more liquid,and when cured,will not come off and get in the motor. lha

After you run the bike, just use cheapo oil, drain it and check your strainer under the engine. It will have a few particles caught up in it.

RTV is for oil and crankcases too.

I use wellseal, it brushes on real smooth and economically and looks great if it oozes out a little!

I have yama bond and don't like it, too gooey

After you run the bike, just use cheapo oil, drain it and check your strainer under the engine. It will have a few particles caught up in it.

I use wellseal, it brushes on real smooth and economically and looks great if it oozes out a little!

I guess we don't have wellseal here,I've never heard of it.I've used Gasgacinch for years,it's a cream colored liquid and sets to a rubbery seal in a few minutes.When used on both sides,it forms a good ,strong bond,thus the use in joining cases.When used with a gasket,you stick one side of the gasket to the part,then when you install,you don't have to fight the gasket falling off while trying to get the bolts in.Edelbrock actually markets with their name on it as well as Gasgacinch. lha

roger that,
ill check the oil screener when i have it all up and going.

still waiting for the 1.0 mm over pistons! woo i'll be a hotrod :laugh:

UPDATE:
finally my frame is in one solid piece, it took me long enough to do but im happy with the quality.
i have a hardtail jig for sale 20 bucks plus shipping, it works great for aligning the axle plates. also a center stand off an 81' sohc for 5$

heres a few pics, next i want to work on is bars, new tires, painting wheels and possibly a springer seat. i'll be making the bars and seat myself and will have lots of pictures. stay tuned!

bike12.jpg

bike8.jpg

bike9.jpg

bike10.jpg

Yeah,you're probably right about RTV on oil,water.I was thinking 2-stroke,I guess as I have both,and I don't think it would work on cases on a 2-stroke.The only thing I would worry about would be gobs breaking off and plugging up oil passages,etc.By the way,I think the bike would look great with a chrome rear fender and seat bucket onto it. lha

roger that,
ill check the oil screener when i have it all up and going.

still waiting for the 1.0 mm over pistons! woo i'll be a hotrod :laugh:
The only bad thing about the 1mm over is that one accident,and you're pretty much screwed. Contrary to popular opinion,1mm OS will not give a huge boost in cc's or hp. lha

thanks!

true a 1mm over leaves no room for error, but stock rings are IMPOSSIBLE to find and .75 over pistons arent in production any more.

i have a 2nd set of jugs should all else fail

...plus nobodys done it :thumbsup:

Back