FUBAR's Build

got the bike running today! pretty fired up about that,
didnt put the exhaust or air cleaners on and it still ran great, rich but great. even had some fire shooting out of the exhaust

had minor isssues with the starter staying on but that was minor and should be able to sort it out

the rebuild was a succcess, new rings cleaned carbs.. im only typing this because you guys know what im talking about.. my fiancee doesnt seem to!

video to come.

My wife is really supportive about it all, and she takes interest in my work and lets me have my "Greatest Achievements Of Mankind" moments. She even came out to tell me the bike sounded nice when I got it running the other day. Now tonight will be the true test when I bring the XS through the sun room, dining room, and kitchen so I can put it in the basement. This will be another milestone in our relationship....or my funeral if I scratch the floor, paint, or furniture......lol.

yeah haha thanks guys, we started it a few times then realized the doors and windows were all closed and got a nice head ache :laugh: from the fumes.

anybody run their wires through the frame? i think im gonna giver a shot

431397_186621171440163_100002768443648_254560_1648504711_n.jpg

i pretty much cut apart the whole frame and made new pieces, the stock parts are the headstock and front down tubes and motor mounts, the rest in new DOM bent and welded

your hard tail looks great! Could you post a couple shots of what you did under the seat and around your electrical box to tie the back bone into the frame? thanks

i havent built the upper mount yet, but plan on using the old rubber bracket and welding a new mount, as for the elec. box i made a can and tunneled it like a gas tank to wrap around the frame.

Back