How to mount turn signals

JPaganel

XS400 Addict
Top Contributor
Reaction score
I am replacing my Mickey Mouse ear turn signals with chrome bullet style ones. The fronts were fine, I just drilled the original mounts a little and they fit right in. The rears are something of a problem - the rubber bushings are shot. One disintegrated completely. I can't make the mount stay. I tried to find the rubber pieces, but they seem to be kind of rare.

So, the guys running aftermarket signals, if you don't use the stock mounts, how do you mount them?

Spiffy work, if you have a lathe. The signals I'm using have the stems already, though. They look like these:

http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/t...ontent=88423&gclid=CNKA0tqwhLYCFdOHMgodMG8A3Q

The problem is, where do I put them?

The bike is pretty much stock, I'm holding off on any major alterations until I figure out whether my wife has an interest in it. So, the original mount points are these huge holes in the rear that I can stick my thumb into.

Then you can do it like me, mount them behind the shocks, if you care to look into my thread :)

I've read your thread before, but I don't remember where you had them. I'll take a look.

BTW, you should probably put a link to that thread in your sginature, it would make it easier to find.

Ok, I took a look. You welded in tabs for them.

I'm not a great welder, but I could certainly give it a try. I have some washers just about big enough for those holes.

You could always drill a hole through the frame if the threaded piece is long enough

Ok, I took a look. You welded in tabs for them.

I'm not a great welder, but I could certainly give it a try. I have some washers just about big enough for those holes.

Na, I didn't weld any tabs I just drilled holes through the supporting plates behind the upper shock mounts.

Back