Howdy

The turn signal relay, however is important as you won't have working turn signals and will not pass your safety inspection without them.

Not so. This is Texas. Signals aren't required.

I'm only planning on running a headlight, speedo and taillight.

Carry on. It’ll pass inspection but if some overzealous inspector decides to give you a hard time then just take it to the next station down the road. This happened to me recently. Oddly, you will have to have a horn, but a temporary installation of one of the little squeeze bulb horns from the toy store will work.

In what part of DFW are you, Gerberous? You asked earlier in this thread about an XS400 riding group. I just got my XS and I don't know of a group... but we could start one! I'm in FW - Southside. I'm also going the cafe / brat route with my '79 and I'm always down to help wrench or swap parts. PM me.

In what part of DFW are you, Gerberous? You asked earlier in this thread about an XS400 riding group. I just got my XS and I don't know of a group... but we could start one! I'm in FW - Southside. I'm also going the cafe / brat route with my '79 and I'm always down to help wrench or swap parts. PM me.
badass.....I'm working in Plano at the moment, but I'm in uptown Ft. Worth about twice a week. Usually on the weekend. Last time I was in Ft Worth, I saw 5 or so cafe racers driving around together which is why I asked

Back