I feel a jiggle on my front end...

76xs360

76xs360
Reaction score
Question for all you gurus out there. I took my bike out for a quick test spin after I put my new clubman/ace bars on it and every once in a while the steering would feel "loose" if that makes sense. It feels like something on the forks, wheel...not sure. I tightened down everything on the wheel/hub, the bars are secured and tightened also? Could the fork seals have anything to do with this? Reason I ask is because I'm going to take them apart to check them out cause it looks like one is leaking. Anyone know what the hell I'm talking about??? :shrug::confused:

Thanks guys!

When I first saw the title, I was thinking: More protein, less carbohydrates and more exercise.

Now that I read the post, have you checked the steering head bearings, how tight they and and if they are greased (thicker the better)?

LOL...I figured the title would grab someones attention in one way or another.

Haven't check the bearings, but I'll check them out also when I take the front end apart. Thanks Hough!

Could be also bad wheel bearings as well as Houghmade said,loose and/or ,missing stem bearings.Actually,it could be a lot of different causes,such as grabbing brakes,loose axle,wheel out of balance,bent rim. lha

When I first saw the title, I was thinking: More protein, less carbohydrates and more exercise.
Have you asked xs400neophite? Earlier we traced the source of his vibration to something in his knickers.

If the jiggle occurs only at certain road speeds, I am going to guess again - an unbalanced tire/wheel?

Back