I understand it now,but theres something I dont know

Using the search function on this site is mostly useless ...
Hi Scorpio,
For the longest time, I thought the same but then Travis helped me and I had to offer the Forum's software an apology. There is usually a "Google search" at the top of forums and web-sites and any time I have ever tried it on one of those other sites, it just took me to a Google page not related to the subject. So, I was trained to simply ignore any Google windows. And that's what I did Day-One on xs400. My training kicked in and I'd simply ignore the Google-search. Who knew it was tied only into the Forum's data base and would help find things just on this site?

The Forum's advanced search also seems to work, but until Travis helped, I had never thought to use it. Usually, we are impatient, excited or in a panic for info about something. Whenever I tried the Forum Search, I'd insert key words into the window and be frustrated with the mostly useless huge volume of results :wtf:
I think lots of people stop after that (like I would do), and go straight to Garage and start a new dumb-question thread :laugh:

Luckily the folks on here are full of charity and :heart:, and more than anything else (except maybe riding), want to help.

Another Group Hug everyone!

Attachments

• grouup hug.jpg
    grouup hug.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 202
I do get frustrated with the search function very easily.I type in keywords and get either no match or results that dont pertain to what im looking for.Once a while theres a topic I can actualy find the answers Im looking for.I usualy try to use the search first before asking the question in the garage,I also look up into the "how to section"I dont like just posting questions in the garge for the heck of it.If my computer could read pdf files It would help a great deal.Not sure why it wont work:wtf: maybe I need to do a complete format and os install.I know my computer is old and out of date and im still using xp

Last edited:
Try the Google search window in the top left. Put in your whole question and it gives you matches from xs400 that have those words or phrases. I was surprised when it was able to narrow the choices down so well. But pleased.

Hey scorpio, try googling something called "Foxit Reader".
It's a MUCH smaller, faster (free) PDF reader.
(Adobe reader sucks, lol...haven't used it for years.)
It should work on your comp, so you could read or print out the PDF manual.

Foul, Lou, Foul, You canadians need to have a healthy weight loss program, snowmobiling naked doesn't help the fat one, in the middle. when the skinny ones on the outside is keeping him warm Foul,

My favorite Search tip, from Google type search words followed by site:[noparse]www.xs400.com[/noparse] (and for demostration "let me google that for you. click on the next link you will see what I mean, If you haven't seen this, it will open google, and type in the search for you. (kinda funny/useful)
on the search I would type for lemon juice
lemon juice site:[noparse]www.xs400.com[/noparse]
http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=lemon+juice+site:www.xs400.com
Okay, have fun, by the way, if I am being desperate, I don't worry about the site code, I will look at yamahaclub, and german web sites, and where every I can find the info for me to understand what I want know.

Foul, Lou, Foul, You canadians need to have a healthy weight loss program, snowmobiling naked doesn't help the fat one, in the middle. when the skinny ones on the outside is keeping him warm Foul, ...
That was a picture of my wife's relatives in Wisconsin.
Way down south here in SOUTHERN Ontario (some of which is SOUTH of Detroit), we don't have enough snow anymore to go for beer on a Skidoo. Thanks to global warming we have 9 months of good motorcycling and 3 months of slush .... lol

PS - would you like to buy a nice "dry" piece of land in Fla?

Bah! Mac's and OS X are the best. All things considered, and everything above board (i.e. software paid for) Mac's cost less to operate, last longer, and have fewer problems. Go ahead and try to argue, I've heard it all before as a Mac consultant and trainer for over a decade.

And now back to your regularly scheduled virus scan... :)

Bah! Mac's and OS X are the best. All things considered, and everything above board (i.e. software paid for) Mac's cost less to operate, last longer, and have fewer problems. Go ahead and try to argue, I've heard it all before as a Mac consultant and trainer for over a decade.

And now back to your regularly scheduled virus scan... :)

Maybe they should try selling them to people other than rich yuppies :)

Why? They are making more $ doing what they are doing compared to anyone else. Their success proves that they are doing the right thing, regardless if we agree or can afford it...

If you want a quality powerful machine with an os thats almost impossible for to get attack from viruses Mac machine with leopard Os is the way to go_Or you you learn Linox os and run it on you windows PC.Linux has become alot more user freindly over the years.

I can't say much about most of what's in this thread, but instead of getting a pdf manual get a real one. One with a cover and pages between them.
Tire balancing, www.innovativebalancing.com One of the best things I have done for my bikes and cars.
Leo

Back