Igintion problem

Looks to be 471 ohms.I`ll call RS and see if they have something close.I`ll probably get the answer huh?

Mikexs has a diode on their site,while it looks different than the one you posted they say its compatible for the xs400.

Look again. It says 571:wink2:

I guess I should have thanks chris for that my bad :doh:So thanks for going out of your way to help me.:wink2:
Anyways going to see if that diode is at RS today,hopefully they`ll have it if not I`ll be ordering the one from mikes xs.Also even the one show is a different looking diode its probably a newer part than the original.Now we have nice weather man I miss riding.I hope this thing gets going soon.

This evening something very strange happened.I went to shed and I thought just for the hell of it since the tank is off Im going to spray some starting fluid in the carbs and try kicking starting the bike over.LO and behold I`ll be dam if she didn't fire up and run for about 15 seconds.I tried it again nothing.I don't understand it but what Im wondering if I could hotwire the bike my taking a positive and negative hook it to the solenoid via a flip switch and start my bike this way?:shrug:

Well there is your problem:doh::doh: I think the bike is/was just fine other than the e-start not working:wink2:

naw I wish cause of my back Its hard for me to kickstart unless it starts after the first kick or two.
Theres other wiring issues also like the lights and turn signals..Im definitely going to see about hotwiring the bike the wayI mentioned.If it works I can work on the other issues later.For now I want get it running again.

Just so you guys know that if your diode on your wiring harness burns out like mine,they are pretty much a universal part.They are used on xs400`s,xs650`s on up to xs1100`s.They will probably work on Seca`s and Maxiums as well.
they will not look anything similar to the one posted earlier in my thread,they are solid state instead of the old ceramic type.

A minor setback today,my home made push button estart broke.Guess the spring isn't sitting inside the button like it should.So I`ll get another push button from the site Esmith recogmended or maybe just wire in a flipswitch on the handle bars.

Well guys I received my part the relay in the mail today,cross your fingers for me and hope my bike starts.I did have an issue with receiving my parts the seller only sent 1 instead of the two.Ive contacted him and seems to be cooperating and will be sending me another one asap.

Well guys no luck problem is still there,Dont know if its bad part or the wrong part?Going to crack it open and look inside.If its no good Im either still looking for the right one or my estart button isn't working.
I bought a push button switch from Manerds today for $4 Im going to see if I can wire it in and mount it somewhere.
I need some wiring suggestions and help also.How can I totally eliminate the stop /run/stop button from the controls?
Also if my assumption is correct on the estart button the blue wire is positive and the ground is when you push the two contacts together?:shrug:
If so my new switch has two connections one for power and other for ground.Can I use positive wire from the stop run and then run a ground somewhere for it to work?

I don't have an e-start on either of my bikes and have never wired one in before. You can look for another factory plug and play switch or follow the wiring diagram and make your own.

Ok Im trying to make my own and heres the wiring on the right hand side controls,stop/run two red and white wires.One has power the other doesn't.
Going to the estart button a blue and white wire and a black wire,neither have power.Im lost because the blue wire should have power.
Howdy Chris the question I have since both your bikes are kick start do they have relays or not?

Ok since either I got a wrong or bad part how to get past my issue Im having with the relays and the estart?Can these relays or at least one them be eliminated?Can you wiring experts or somebody with knowledge be able to help.
?????????????????????????

The headlight relay, only job is to give the starting system, (stator) first dibs on the power. You should have a headlight relay. (not firmly 100% necessary, could reduce the need to buy a new battery every year.)

The safety relay. is only making sure you have appropriate safety in place before you crank it over, and accidentally send your bike flying somewhere else, after you fell off the bike.

Back