Is there a secret to Craigslist?

METZ

XS400 Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering if there is a secret code word to get someone to reply to an ad on Craigslist. I replied to about 10 different ads and only one response, I try again a few days later and again nothing, I try my work email a few days later and nothing. I figure these items must be sold but I notice a month later the same ads are still up. These are ads w/o a phone number, and I have emailed my phone number after a few trys. The one person that did respond I asked why they didn't reply the first time and he said he was getting bombed with spam. Sooo, anyone have a secret to this?:shrug:

A lot of people don't delete old posting. Watch CL closely and reply to ads the same day they're posted. Say you're interested and want to come take a look at it. Give them your number. Don't say too much.

Its less frustrating if when you reply...dont expect much. This way when you score something good, the hoops you went through are worth it. My friends and I have a little fun with Kijiji. I have used it to rent my home out to buying an old chair for a $5. Some of the replies are too funny not to have a little fun with. Buddy was selling a cat scratch post...3 diff replies from 3 diff people not interested in the scratch post..1 wanted to know if he had kittens 2 was looking for a litter box and I cant recall 3 but...you have to find the humor in it. For sale 3 yards of flagstone - $50 you pick up...shows up in a Hyundai Elantra with a few pails in the back seat. For sale - 21' extension ladder. 2 years old great condition. Reply - I may be interested in the ladder but, I am looking to have my gutters cleaned then wont need the ladder anymore....lmao
Selling things is more fun, but to ease the frustration of buying things...like Travis said, mind the dates they were posted, if they posted a number call it, its prob legit, keep an eye on the hits too. Good luck

Good info. I wasn't checking the dates of the ad just searching for specific things, I will keep that in mind. I have sold a few things and some of the replies were pretty funny.

Back