Memorial day weekend

Scorpio1963

XS400 Guru
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Whos traveling and whos not>Those who are traveling are you going for out of door vaction or going to visit with family.
Myself Im pretty much broke so Im staying home and having another staycation and just going to some grilling here.How many are staying home cause of the high gas prices.

Not a holiday weekend here (that was last weekend), but wife and kid are away so I get to tinker with bike, drink as much as I want, and watch movies as loud as I want! Even better than a vacation! ;)

Gas prices be damned, I'm going for a long ride tomorrow!

Well the gas prices for our bikes since it doesnt take much to fill the tank would be an ideal thing todo.I wish my bike was ready for the road but I`ll probaly be working on my Jimmy.I have alot to do so it wont be a fun weekend but hopefully productive.

Hmmm Holiday weekend??? Never have any of those any more. I love working my weekend shift since I have Mon thru Thurs with my girl but I miss all the events and family functions. My plan is to spend some quality time hangin round the house fixin garden tractors and possibly burning some meat on the propane fire breather. I just might take the little bike out for a drive with the neighbor and his little scooter if it doesn't rain. Typical memorial day here in Mn Cool some wind overcast and a threat of rain.

Funny you mentioned burning meat on the grill,yesterday I slapped a couple nice steaks on the grill.I went side thinking the heat wasn't that high.I looked out side and seen a lot of smoke coming from the grill I saved them in the nick of time but I almost turned them into hocky pucks.They were a little to well done but edible.Today I get to try again with some slab of ribs.

Hmm Ribs I generally Marinate them in a bath of beer soy sauce onions garlic and some ginger over night. Then slow and low on the grill over indirect heat till they're done then sauce em over direct heat for a few to caramelize the sauce.

Back