OOPS

DarkDarwin

XS400 Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I purchased a used 78 xs400 as a first bike.There are several things that need fixing but the one giving me the most grief is the battery box (or lack of it) it seems someone took the whole housing out that holds the battery and tried to reshape it to fit a larger battery.My question is is it going to be possible to replace this part with a substitute? The OEM parts providers Ive seen online all say "Not available" when I look up the battery box...
This is probably the first of many questions,Im very grateful this forum is here!

Jon Peyton

Im really excited about having it,it was such a good price.I need to get a couple of more things fixed on it so it will be safe however.Next I need:Air & Oil Filters ,Tires (dryrotted) , new starter button ( assembly is there just the button is missing).Muffler (right now its just a straight pipe that seems very short and is LOUD!)The guy had cleaned the carbs just before selling it.
Im just sick of paying car notes/insurance &gas when I now live downtown 3 miles from work and my kids are grown and wife is AWOL,lol.So I figured a motorcycle would be fitting.Im taking a basic online course then plan to find the official riders course here and take it as well.

wish i would have saw this earlier, i have a bike i am going to build as a ?????????? but i am not going to use any of the OEM parts and it has a battery box. not many piece most everything was in a box when i picked it up.

ok now the fella fixing the bike says the left hand intake is messed up ( lacerated) and Ill need a new one.He says he can get one for 100.00.Im not sure what Im looking for on Ebay compare to..any ideas? He says its "Half a hose that mounts on the carburator"

Back