For Sale - Parting out a 82 Maxim 400 (xs400)

wirehairs

XS400 Addict
Reaction score
A mostly complete 400 with only 13K on the motor. The bike has sat for the last 10 years, and I was planning on using it as a back-up for another Maxim I'm restoring. I only have 1 side panel, and the tank has rust in it (and I don't have the key). Seat is in great shape. I'm keeping the exhaust, but have another in nice condition, although the crossover tube had to be cut in half to remove it. Sorry. The frame is titled, although one little seat bracket in the back is broken off; would not be an issue if you were planning on a rat bike or similar.

Shoot me a message with your part needs.

I haven't sold any parts, so I have most things (again, other than the side panels - just have the right one). I do have the exhaust, but I had to cut the cross tube, so some welding would be required to use it; the chrome is nice on it though!

While I've thought about parting the motor, I'm waffling on it in case someone wants the whole thing. This bike only has 13K on it. I will try to upload pics of the many parts this week.

Yes - you need both motor mounting bolts? And yes, I have the fork tubes. I have not taken them apart, but they appear very nice, though I would assume the oil seals need to be replaced. Do you want me to text you pictures of these items? Or shoot me an email address.

Here's the seat. This might be original vinyl (?) which I've never seen in such nice shape for the age. No tears at all.

QnhzvUh.jpg

jTqde2X.jpg

9rKzPwi.jpg

A mostly complete 400 with only 13K on the motor. The bike has sat for the last 10 years, and I was planning on using it as a back-up for another Maxim I'm restoring. I only have 1 side panel, and the tank has rust in it (and I don't have the key). Seat is in great shape. I'm keeping the exhaust, but have another in nice condition, although the crossover tube had to be cut in half to remove it. Sorry. The frame is titled, although one little seat bracket in the back is broken off; would not be an issue if you were planning on a rat bike or similar.

Shoot me a message with your part needs.

How about a front fender if so what color

Do you still have the clutch for this? Actually, all I need is the clutch basket but I could just swap out the whole assembly.

Yes, I have the clutch. So you only need the basket and none of the other parts? Shoot me an email and I'll email you some pictures once I pull it.

Regarding the exhaust: I do have it, but the problem was that I had to cut the connector tube on the bottom to remove it. The upside is that I'll sell it cheap, and the downside is that you'd need to do a little rust removal and well that piece back together, probably with a collar of some kind.

Last edited:
Back