Skillzmans XS 400 Cafe build...yep another cafe!!

just tough it out. remember the old saying, familiararity breeds contempt. now youll have a newfound love for it after being away for so long. and finish it in like 3 days lol

just tough it out. remember the old saying, familiararity breeds contempt. now youll have a newfound love for it after being away for so long. and finish it in like 3 days lol
That doesn't work, trust me! I spend an entire month away from mine....EVERY OTHER MONTH!!!!

Still sitting in the same little corner of the garage...just waiting... :(

yeah i was hoping he it would effect him differently than you and me. im so damn lazy lol. i can go get the steel now, but i dont have the money. i can get my axle plates, but i havent set up my pay pal. i can teardown my engine, but i cant find the master link for the timing chain. lol man im lazy

well I do have a small pile of parts awaiting my return..and I need to order few more...I'll have to focus when I get back because it needs to get finished so it will be easier to transport .

OK guys and dolls....I have returned to my dungeon ...and have been slaving away for a day now....hehehe...
heres an assembly pic...sorry for the crappy quality pic....but it is NY in the winter!!
God I miss AZ already!!!!!!!!!!

1006.jpg

1005.jpg

1004.jpg

abought time you got your a$$ back in gear. Looking real good. I did a similar build how did you mount the froni donuts for the fuel tank?

like that plate you welded in there, also been working on me tracker today and uploaded more onto my blog.

I left the tank mounts the same in the front...had to cut the rear mount out and fab a new one up as the tank is about 3 inches shorter.
the plates are where the rearsets are supposed to be mounted...will probably get at that this week...more fabrication likely will be needed.
Still a long way to go...I spent 5hrs yesterday just getting the wheels and bearing seals and rotors prepped/painted and re assembled.....clean all the rusty bolts up before you put them back on...takes forever it seems.
I haven't even touched the motor yet!!!!!!!!

Update...color scheme picked for the tank/bodywork......oooohhh so pimp.....picked out the colors at the body supply today as well..............oooohhh so flashy......now ya'll gotta wait a few weeks for finish details!LOL

I suck...I know!!!

Back