Swing arm bolt sleeve

shamus

XS400 Addict
Reaction score
Hey pals. My old swing arm bushings and bolt sleeve are stuck. They're pretty happy where they are. I've busted off the lip of the old bushings, torched it, drilled it, nada. If I really want these out, I will likely destroy the bolt sleeve in the process.

My question is the following. I know the bushings are the same size as the 650, but are the bolt sleeves the same length?

7680623478_94393dc630_z.jpg

I'm going to try and answer my own question here. Went on to mikexs and under the list for xs400 compatible parts, it shows this: http://www.mikesxs.net/product/28-1011.html

Now, they don't show the standard bolt sleeve under compatible parts, but by deductive logic, if the sleeve from the bearing conversion kit fits the 360/400, then the standard sleeve would too, right?

I use the bronze bushings and sleeves from mikes for the xs650 on both of my bikes and the work fine. Its the bolt and seals that wont work for the 400's:)

You have to get the sleeve out to be able to knock the bushings out from the backside with a bar and hammer.

Back