What did you do with your XS today?

thanks!! I first saw this muff on the losa eng. bike. Love at first sight:D Not any louder than the emgo rev cone I ran before and soooooooooo much lighter, the whole new system prolly weighs the same as the old muffler alone:D

Same here man! I saw it on Lossa "Solus" bike - white SR500 café)...and I fell in love immediately...Maybe I should steal your pics and use them as a pattern for my exhausts. Sorry:D

my good buddy tig'ed this up for me last nite:smoke:

Picture011_zpsab364fe1.jpg

Picture003_zpsb3310064.jpg

Looks good! I can't wait to hear it <hint> in person. ;)

haha..yup that's the one. The headers are pretty straight forward, a 98deg bend up top with a 78deg bend on the bottom to tuck the pipes as high as possible
The collector and muff are from coneeng.com All SS and def NO WRAP:D
Dave, romp through the hills one day?

Removed coils, got new leads and plug caps today, now just gotta the coils back in tomorrow.

Not looking forward to it :)

Ok so I did it this morning.

First go coils were both in within 5 minutes. What the hell I thought way too easy. Turns out I should have connected the wire terminals before installing, as I couldn't reach the long one.

Next problem I couldn't remember which wire went where, so I took a gambit the coil furtherst away had the longer wire. At any rate I could have just switched the leads over I guess?

So after getting the first coil in, I tried to get the second. Got it in, coil on first plug unplugs :(. Finally got it all back together, tank on primed the carbs, turning over, no dice.

Another few goes of around 5 sec cranks, choke on, choke off, throttle on etc, not even a fire. Checked for spark at the leads. Nice strong spark on both sides. Must be fuel. I just kept at it, and after about another 5-6 cranks, it finally gave a little "pop". I knew it was going to start. next crank, pop pop pop, die. Third crank the old girl roared into life, and after 5 mins of warm up, idled perfectly (something it hadn't done with the old leads. Definitely alot smoother power aswell.

Apologies for the long post, it was probably 40 mins work max but i'm back on the road :bike:

Got the 750 running now, at first it would idle but wouldn't take any throttle (just stumbled and died), then now it starts and revs waaay up to like 4500-5 grand and won't come down. Took the mixture screw out a full 2.5 turns and it did exactly nothing. No idea lol.

Anyway, got the 750 running now, at first it would idle but wouldn't take any throttle (just stumbled and died), then now it starts and revs waaay up to like 4500-5 grand and won't come down. Took the mixture screw out a full 2.5 turns and it did exactly nothing. No idea lol.

I would check to see if the needles are not broken off in the carbs:doh:

Last edited:
Went and seen my Dad and the 400 yesterday. He mounted the windshield I gave him and he put bag on the back of her. He cleaned her and painted the swing arm, and the covers. Got the turning signals working. Brake lights are still not working. (both) It just stays on?? Tried a different switch on back but still the same. Brake lights and a front tire and she is rolling again. :bike: I will post pic after I find phone, it was a long night last night LOL

After alot of hard work and fine tuning I got my bike back to its old self.Shifts good and runs great.Im finaly happy with the way it is now if I can keep it this way.

Cut the end off the frame, cut off some brackets, test fitted the shorter shocks, dropped the forks the same as the shocks. Put the tank on to see what it would look like. Sat on it and made Broom Broom noises :D

Did a couple things, Day of my MPG experiment, have to wait till tomorrow to get gas. set the mix idle screw to 1.5. (from 3.0) since then I have driven 70 miles with me, and my wife on the bike ((440#us)). I am hoping to see a mileage bump. The I put this on to my bike. A mini engine guard. Tomorrow or the next day, I have stuck some photos in my Album, Spark plug, and red oil covering my drive sprocket. Hoping to get some opinions I have allready uploaded the photos. just haven't had time.

Attachments

• GEDC0398.jpg
    GEDC0398.jpg
    238.3 KB · Views: 230
Did a couple things, Day of my MPG experiment, have to wait till tomorrow to get gas. set the mix idle screw to 1.5. (from 3.0) since then I have driven 70 miles with me, and my wife on the bike ((440#us)). I am hoping to see a mileage bump. The I put this on to my bike. A mini engine guard. Tomorrow or the next day, I have stuck some photos in my Album, Spark plug, and red oil covering my drive sprocket. Hoping to get some opinions I have allready uploaded the photos. just haven't had time.

I usually get 50 to 60 mpg

Tobie, I looked at your pics. Try lubing your chain every once in a while, or every 300 miles as the manual recommends. That might help prevent the red RUST from covering everything. Or you could be like me and lube your chain twice a day with an on-board chain oiler. Just saying...

Installed new mirrors that are taller and wider than what I had (yes Lou Ranger, I have the old ones set aside for you).

Raked my windshield back and lowered it a bit. Now I don't get buffeted as much by cross winds and hopefully will gain some fuel mileage. And the vents on my helmet work better with more air flow! :)

rode home from work, last few hundred meters bike was running like cr*p.. stalled 10 meters from my parking spot..

turned out I was out of fuel, turned to RES and started right up again :doh:

Been working on locating leaks. Several I'm sure caused by carbs leaking & filling the crank case. Also trying to get it to run. I have great spark & it turns over well but it just won't run on both holes. Carbs Here I come again. But I did change oil & take the little 2 stroke twin out for a ride. Woohoo!!! Little bike just wants to go. Not really fast but could go all day on a full tank of gas. Not to mention that where ever I go the skeeters seem to disappear for a while.

Back