will these levers/controls work ?

hey mine FINALLY showed up, although the wait was around 3 months since i won the auction, these are very nice levers.. the quality is really good. all mechanisms feel tight and move smoothly, the fluid cap is metal with a high quality rubber gasket.

there is an adjustment for the postition of the lever to move it further or closer to the bars (7 positions)

@greasyfingers.. i paid 89.00 for my set, i think there are some similar ones floating around for 189.00

the seller was virtualvillage or somthing

i havent ridden with these yet but based on quality and finish i would say 9.5/10
only complaint was the slow ass shipping and the mount for the reservoir was really tall so i modified it to sit about 2 inches lower and re plumbed it with a clear fluid line.
ill post pics later..

Fubar, is the master cylinder still going to work correctly with the reservoir so low? Will the fluid level stay above the piston?

Can you see any markings that might tell bore size? Like 11, 14, 16, 9/16, 5/8, 7/16. Often on the side toward the handle bars.
Leo

@ travis its above, just not as high. when all the air is bled out its a pressurized system, so when you squeeze the lever it should suck it from the res. no matter where its located. right?

and theres no marking on it, my stock one says 5/8 i think stamped on it, but comparing each against each other they are the same diam. but the new ones about 1/4" shorter (housing) both pistons measured about the same at 11mm (+-) a mm

Cant wait to see them mounted, when your putting the pictures up :) Im toying with the idea of running these. Just one question, do the levers look to clear the switch blocks ok?

From reservoir to M/C is gravity feed. So pulling lever just pressure feeds the caliper. There may be some suction on the reservoir side but not enough to draw up if the resevoir is to low. As long as the bottom of reservoir is above the top of M/C it should work fine.
Your stock M/C marked 5/8 is a 16 mm bore. If the new one is 11 mm your going to have a geat brake, stronger with better feel.
Let us know how it feels.
Leo

As far as I know I'm the only one who boiught them, I like them and am happy with the product. I just got my bike running so no real tests yet though

yeah with the current state my bikes in ill just hook 'er up to the truck with a rope and o for a rip and let you know!

crappy pics but yea...

bikebuild1.jpg

Hey Fubar i ended up getting a set too. Took ages to come but they turned up eventually, i was getting worried by the end that they never sent them but they did. And i would have to agree with you that they are pretty good quality. Im happy i got them thats for sure, thanks a lot for putting the link here!

Heres my set :)

Attachments

• DSC02997.jpg
    DSC02997.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 330
  • DSC02999.jpg
    DSC02999.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 274
Just noticed these are no longer available, glad i got em when i did...who knows if or when they will be back on ebay? Im sure someone else here must have bought a set too, anyone:shrug: They were sitting there for ages with only a few sold then they all went at once...

Back