Wipeout

Shibby

XS400 Member
Reaction score
I had a bash for the fourth tonite. Everyone wanted to tool around on my bike. I grabbed the front brake going very slow and the front tire kicked out. I bit it gracefully.Next guy followed suit in the same spot.(we were in the yard). I get on it again and ran first gear hard, went to slow down......ate it hard at atleast 25mph.....I bent the shift lever, headlight, and dented the tank. Along with my pride, I injured myself, Im hobbling around like a senior......\

Happy fourth

Sorry about your slip. I rode my old 78 400 for over 30K miles and the only time I ever laid it down was turning into a cafe and touching the front brake on loose gravel. Broke my small fairing and some other minor damage and bloodied up my knee. Even today I'm paranoid about using the front brake too hard. I wonder if the brakes with dual rotors and calipers would be less apt to kick out the front wheel? At any rate, I'm a senior so I know hobbling around isn't fun.

Shibby - is the bike stock or custom?

Not my area of expertise, but I've read somewhere that there is a sweet spot to find with the front master cylinder ratio to front tire size. Oh, wait, nevermind. I see from pics your's is a drum brake.?? No idea there...

Happy fourth! Hope you heal quickly!

Ive rode dirtbikes religiously growing up...I believe it was just too much brake for a street tire on grass period lol. Idk if anyones ever fooled around in the grass, but street tires and grass dont mix(found out at the bike and my expense). I mean you do what, 80 percent or something of your braking with the front brake?

Dumbass attack I think.

-Sean

Back