XS400 Bobber build/first post

I think you said you would be interested in trading my 16 for your 18? Here's mine:

DSC00562.jpg

DSC00566.jpg

DSC00563.jpg

It's got a Kenda Challenger 130/90/16 with plenty of tread on it. I'm pretty sure we can swap wheels and all the brake stuff and be good to go. I know the disc swingarm has a bracket for the disc brake caliper, but I can handle the fabrication on my drum swingarm if you don't have yours anymore. Let me know if you're interested, thanks.

i have my swing arm. i have to do some research and firure out how it would look and everything until i know if im gonna commit or not. how are your pads and lining? my disc seems great, pads are thick. might just need to bleed the system because it drags a tiny bit. ill send you a close up saturday-sunday or wed. the tires look to be the original based on how dryrotted they are tho. :(

also what are the specs for the stock tire size, like what does it say on the rim.

Last edited:
sorry to tease ya man. i think im gonna stick with the stocker for now. if i decide to change it, it will be over the winter. i just have to focus on what i have right now, ill make sure to keep the swing arm for ya tho if you end up getting an 18 before then ;)

yeah that helped a lot. im mostly looking at the laast one from the first post just for its simplicity. and hey everyone, ordered my axle plates! i went to order my gasket kit, and they were outta stock. bummer.

i think im gonna go with the $60 ones drewpy sent me the link to, just so i dont have to deal with the possibility of gettin something and fighting to make it fit. and drewps, ive seen that kit, and it says 77-84, and i know there are major differences between the two. should i take the chance for $35 or should i just wait till partsnmore gets some in stock?

i think im gonna go with the $60 ones drewpy sent me the link to, just so i dont have to deal with the possibility of gettin something and fighting to make it fit. and drewps, ive seen that kit, and it says 77-84, and i know there are major differences between the two. should i take the chance for $35 or should i just wait till partsnmore gets some in stock?

the gasket kit will be fine. all the sohc internals are the same. I was going to buy it but the shipping was too much!

Hey man! I was wondering if you had a bracket yet for your taillight and license plate. I was messing around in the garage today and knocked one out. It uses the same bullet style light that you bought. I have enough material to make another, so if you want one, cover the shipping and I'll make one for you. The one pictured is painted, but I can leave it raw so you can weld on a mount. Just trying to help your build along a little. Lemme know.

Attachments

• 100_3977.JPG
    100_3977.JPG
    171.8 KB · Views: 363
  • 100_3978.JPG
    100_3978.JPG
    185.6 KB · Views: 339
  • 100_3979.JPG
    100_3979.JPG
    173.3 KB · Views: 356
  • 100_3980.JPG
    100_3980.JPG
    168.5 KB · Views: 323
I haven't checked the shipping yet. What's your zip? I'm gonna keep the light, but it should be the exact same light as what you have. I won't drill the hole for the light if you want, that way you can drill yourself and make sure it fits. Does your light say "GROTE" on the tip of the bullet part?

Back