Butch's Build thread

Butch

XS400 New Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, new to the site, I've had plenty of dirt bikes over the years but this is my first "street" bike. Motorcycles are my newest addiction as well as trucks and airboats so it'll be a "as I get what parts for what project" process. The bike is a '77 xs400 (obviously), it was a Craigslist find that someone was halfway through a cafe style build on which I will continue out but will add my personal style to. It's currently not running as the played with carburetor settings and didn't really know what he was doing. I just picked it up last thursday so I haven't had much time to mess with it but it should take much to get her back on the road.

the only pic I have to far...

2011-07-07_20-37-14_339.jpg

nice lookin 400, looks pretty clean compared to some others I've seen on c-list. but i guess most things look clean when they are soaking wet:D. keep us updated with some more pics and progress with your build. Welcome to the forum a lot of good useful information on here.

nice lookin 400, looks pretty clean compared to some others I've seen on c-list. but i guess most things look clean when they are soaking wet:D.

The previous owner was a body shop man and not a mechanic and thankfully I'm the opposite so the hard parts been taken care of for me. lol

lucky u.... i got mine from a "mechanic" but he just let it sit outside for months till i found it. gots a nice warm garage now.. :). good looking bike btw

That is perfect Butch, you always save a lot of cash, sweat and tears that way. What kind of seat/tail section are you thinking? Will the PO paint the tail section or did you get some of the paint?

Back