My new XS360 project

Normand

XS400 Member
Reaction score
Hi, im Normand, Im French Canadian from Quebec City. I recently bough a 1976 XS 360C for 275$. I got a lot of free time and feel for a new project in my life. I just sold my CRF250L and start this project for the winter!!

Sorry for my bad english some times :(

Here i am, with an old 360. This bike never started again until 1981. SO, a lots of verification to do. I just know the engine still turning so i picked up the bike and have nothing to loose!

full

full

Thats my inspiration

full

full

I dont think about changing the rear shock position, just gettin à 13.5 or 14'' instead of the 12.5''.
I am thinking about keep or not the stock rectangular gaz tank. Remove the cafe race handle bar and get motocross style...

I just removed some plastic and add come colors to the old wiring diagram found on the web.
full

full

After oild changed, plugs, filters, carb cleaned, it started real quick :)

I got some problem with the throttle....Later:p)
More pictures soon and feel free for advices or anything :)

Welcome and salut! Looks like you pretty much hit the jackpot, the square tank and spokes and rear drum make yours one of the most desirable version of our bike.

Good to see another Canadian with a 360! Looks like a good solid start for a project.
How many miles on it? Looks like stock mufflers?

Let me know if you want to sell that center stand, eh. :)

Later in the project, i will think about selling or not, many of the original parts i got removed. All i know about the muffler is there nothing inside and very in bad condition, lots of rust. Im suprising the rear drum and the gaz tank make it desirable... I dont like them ahahaha.
The funny thing is i had never heard of ''cafe racer'' or any means about the XS series before this project. This Forum sound amazing!!
See ya :)

Back