What did you do with your XS today?

I will post up a bigger update soon; probably a video since I like to talk too much :p It may take a little while though as I am limited to one day per weekend for the most part right now. Stupid accelerated PhD programs get in the way :(

I am determined to have this totally done for late March, however! Once it's about 40-50 degrees F outside I generally ride daily.

Progressive 11-1109 fork springs are on order along with new fork seals and a replacement oil seal for the front wheel. My fork seals look like they're leaking already, so it's time to upgrade the front end. I will probably jump up to 20w fork oil as well. I still have another month of very cold weather left at least so I might as well!

Repainted jugs, removed carbs for cleaning, polished forks, and aluminum covers. Sorry for the sideways picture! At least you can say you stretched your neck today :laugh:

Attachments

• bike.jpg
    bike.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 218
Today I walked over to my storage unit to inspect my bike and check to see if everything is ok.No fuel leaks and everything looks fine so shes been sleeping well over winter.

Using bondo to fix rear fender. Never used bondo before. Fender has several cracks that look like inverted V's. If I close those v's, the fender will not fit back on... so I am reshaping it with the V's filled in instead of fixing it like it was originally. Perhaps the seat frame is a bit bent.. these extra complications are never part of the deal when you start a project.....

No love for the XS today. Made a camera mount for the VTX and wired power supply for my Garmin GPS on the VTX....Gotta get it ready for Frontier Roadtrip 2014!

Got my new cables. Speedo Tach Clutch & Throttle. Gotta work on re-routing them as they are too long with my drag bars. The plan is to redo my gauges and lights for next year, so I may end up shortening the cables then.

Moved it into my friend's heated garage and tried unsuccessfully to remove the stuck oil filter bolt. Despite grinding flat faces on the head and extensive heating, it won't come loose. Welding a nut on is the next step, I guess.

It's March, so I cut the ears off my frame and started welding in a new seat frame. Nothing like looking at the calendar and realizing spring is just around the corner. Time to stop planning and start working!

Back