building a xs 400 to hardtail

so now i have a little problem. There come 5 wires of the altenator , 3 white a green and black. But On the wire diagram only shows a brown wire . So somebody knows is this twe same as the black.

no it doesn't, the wiring diagram shows 3 white wires from the stator and brown, black and green from the field coil.

Ok now i knowing i have the wrong diagram , but if i wanteed only to make a switch for turnig off the engine. Which wires i have to use for the switch. I am thinking the main and the altenator powerkabel. But the altenator power wi]hich one i have to use?
The black or green or the red from the rectifier. who knows?

you wiring diagram is fine, it shows the white wires and brown, green and black :wink2:

On the left top of the diagram is the key switch picture, just need a switch to connect where it says "on"

Hi DrHans

The tank is from a Jawa CZ . i dont know exact the age of the tank. I realy like the tank to because its like the sportster tanks but i little different then the sportster tanks.

After a long time, i had some time again for mine XS 400 !

So i try to make the exhaust for te bike.
And make a grip on the jockey shifter.

How do u think about it ??

Attachments

• myphoto (2).jpg
    myphoto (2).jpg
    204.1 KB · Views: 458
Still not finished with the bike.....
But i made some improvements.

A better support for the headlight, speedmeter, en battery.

But i'm not sure how to make a good en nice support for the licenseplate. In our country we cant make a side-mount thats legal here. What do u think its a good option??

Attachments

• aangepast 111.jpg
    aangepast 111.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 356
  • aangepast 112.jpg
    aangepast 112.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 377
  • aangepast 113.jpg
    aangepast 113.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 384
So after a long time , i had some time for my xs400 hardtail!! So now i have internally Throttle, i changed the kickstarter now it goes past my foot step.. And i made a brakepedal and a feetclutch. I even bought mufflers. But i,m not sure if this is the right way to mount them or how the exhaust runs.

What do u people think??

Attachments

• 2014-08-14 14.17.50.jpg
    2014-08-14 14.17.50.jpg
    200 KB · Views: 321
  • DSCN3511 (3).jpg
    DSCN3511 (3).jpg
    199.8 KB · Views: 366
Nice work there. I am wondering about some of your things.

First, I like the license plate mount but it probably needs more support in the form of another leg of tubing on each side. Also I would paint all the supports flat black to make it appear the plate and taillight are "floating."
Second, I like your battery hardware -very cool.
Third, your rear brake actuation. I can see lots of work and care put into it but am concerned that a "pusher" rod actuator isn't going to be the strongest and may flex instead of providing stopping power. I would probably remount the pedal tab on top and run the connecting rod either around or through the lower frame member. Or also flip the hub lever up so that it connects straight.
Lastly, I like your exhaust solution!

thank u mototrooper for the fast Reaction.
But this is still a rough setup , for the license plate this is welded in stainles steel thick rods so its pretty stiff. For the rear brake it is made from the same stainles steel en i made a guide support on the frame so it can't get away from where it is made for. ( I HOPE ) the Exhaust im not sure about maybe i make it undr the engine en then up to the mufflers so the mufflers stays in the same postion

I buyed here in Holland one for a 1" handle bar ,so i made it fit voor a 22mm handle bar it costed €90,- i think... So long i'm busy with the bike i don't know anymore :(

This evening i made the other exhaustpipe so i can see how its looks like now!!
A hole lot better i think:bike:
Me like

Attachments

• xs.jpg
    xs.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 308
Back