hey everyone love this site so far!

bobberman

XS400 Member
Reaction score
Just finished well almost finished a 81 xs 400 i got next to nothing was a basket case when i got her turned out pretty cool not totally done tho gotta make battery box yet.. let me know what every one thinks i added a photo album of it too on my profile check it out! having some trouble with the carbs tho.. it runs good but seems not to be getting the fuel,runs the best with the choke on..

Welcome to the forum:) From your pics the first thing I see is you need some air filters on the bike:wink2: Its why it wont run proper. Next I would make sure the carbs are super clean inside by taking them completely apart and getting every little passage cleared.

yeah i got em ordered lol.. i have cleaned the carbs seems to run good with choke off only if you hammer on it then in 6th gear starts kinda poping if your half throttle and under.. turn choke on goes away.. I know i do need air cleaners should be here soon

Welcome!

You have 6 gears on a SOHC engine??? :wtf:

but yea sounds like it's running a bit lean then.. If it still happens once you get the air filters, you should probably rejet

Welcome!

You have 6 gears on a SOHC engine??? :wtf:

but yea sounds like it's running a bit lean then.. If it still happens once you get the air filters, you should probably rejet

Yep all sohc xs400's has 6 gears:D

yeah i got em ordered lol.. i have cleaned the carbs seems to run good with choke off only if you hammer on it then in 6th gear starts kinda poping if your half throttle and under.. turn choke on goes away.. I know i do need air cleaners should be here soon

Also make sure to sync the carbs:wink2:

Back