Hi, New guy with an XS250.

dessertsled

XS400 Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I'm new to the forum and thought I'd introduce myself.

I'm currently doing a custom job on my 1980 XS250. Its gone from a tatty brown bike to an orange bike that everyone laughs at. Including me, and I chose the colour. I'm going for a brat look but the whole point of the project is to see what can be achieved on a limited budget. I've currently spent around £575.00 (roughly $925.00) which includes the purchase price of the bike, new suspension, 2k paint, handle bars and a digital speedo.

It's been a slow build as I started the initial strip down almost exactly 2 years ago. The bike has been completely stripped. The frame, tank and panels have all been sprayed orange with off-white detailing.

There isn't really a lot left to do but the project may not be finished until the new year due to work and social commitments. The engine is back in the frame and the wheels are on. Currently I'm modifying the wiring and sorting the electrics.

Now, should I start a thread with pics detailing the build or as it's a 250 should I just post a photo in this thread?

Attachments

• as-bought.jpg
    as-bought.jpg
    255.4 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
Welcome to the forum:thumbsup: A write up would be good. It's nice to see and hear what someone has done with a bike.

Back