Long past due intro

born loser

XS400 New Member
Reaction score
Hey there,

Not really new to the forum, been lurking for a hot minute now, got lots of good information too.

I have a 1981 xs400 thats been pretty heavily worked on.

How it sits now is:

-'79 frame w/'81 motor
-2" drop on the front end
-Tanks had hand dents and knee dents knocked in then filled smooth
-seats a quick one off cafe style with a low cowl
-rears raised with some 14.5" MDI's
-Headers chopped at muffler joint, added straight pipe and a spiral baffle. (stock airbox)

Ive torn the 400 apart now too many times too count. Ive gone from just cruising it in stock form to mild cafe mods, (header paint/wrap, clip ons, minor cosmetics you know the drill) then thought about doing a mono-shock build (fizzled out and died) which led to a complete tear down and re build of the bike. Re-build was kind of just a budget-get-it-running build, No stripping and repainting of anything just alot of swapping the bad for the good and then tuning. Ive rejetted and tuned for the drag pipes and shes not running too shabby at all right now. Just had a clutch issue sneak up on me that ive gotta deal with currently, and thats the state shes in!

As far as what the future holds im looking into doing the aprilia rs front end swap, building a 2 into 1 collector (never going to pay $300+ for a set of headers with a megaphone) and im in the middle of building rearsets right now.

Like I said ive already got so much useful information off this site there is no doubt in my mind that im going to get tons more in the future. Now I just gotta pass some on!

Attachments

• IMG_1251.JPG
    IMG_1251.JPG
    103.3 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_1259.JPG
    IMG_1259.JPG
    57 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_1261.JPG
    IMG_1261.JPG
    208.5 KB · Views: 162
Back