Loose bearing balls steering stem

Stevo

StevO
Reaction score
I removed my top and bottom triple tree bracket, noticed loose bearing balls for the top and ordered a pack of them, i believe they are only on the top, did i miss any falling off the bottom?

thanks,
Stevo

They're on the bottom too. 19 each. They are standard 1/4" ball bearings so you can buy replacements anywhere.

Lol, he didn't notice 19 ball bearings dropping out :) I kid, I kid.

Houghmade to the rescue.

HAHA - I know they were flying all over the place, but for real I swear they were only flying from the top, saw nothing come out of the bottom.....maybe they werent even there...... ahhhh experience the best teacher!

Thanks all,
Stevo

could be on those bottom tree bearings, so doesnt look like there's anything other than triple tree and steering stem frame housing that holds the bottom ones in except there is a rubber gasket that rides around the bearing flange on the bottom of the tree stem... in less something else went flying...

This is a great learning experience, picked up an angle grinder for cutting off all the unneccessary brackets, etc..., great tool, now I am thinking of picking up a low-end arc welder, will have to learn that but did years ago. Now how to make your own brackets, etc.... I know i can cut steel with a skillsaw and $40 blade, but for bending when needed not sure how to do that..... probably places out there where you can buy mounting brackets maybe and then weld them on yourself...?

You know i called a dealer and they had bearings for a buck a piece... huh? I found steel bearings online for $5 a pack of hundred... i mean its just for the turning of the bars, how much friction could there be....right? I wouldnt think for such a minimal job you would need anything special for those

photostream

So i got a flicker account, i sign in through facebook, I've uploaded my pics to flickr, how the hell do i post them or upload them to here?

I just click the Go Advanced button below where you write. Once there scoll down to the manage attachments, click on it. A window opens, click on browse this takes you to your pics in your computer. Pick the pic you want. then hit upload. If it's less than 300 k in size it uploads. If to big resize to a 640 max size and they fit ok.
On your head bearings going with the tapered roller bearings will be one of your best up grades. easy to do and works well.
Leo

Last edited:
Sorry about the bad post links, been trying to figure out how to upload photos, but here's a link to some pics.... there's a pic with 3 elec devices... I am going with no starter, only headlamp, speedo/tacho/indicator and tailight... can anyone tell me what these units in pic are for and do i need them for my setup, also there's a pic of a device that goes directly from battery to starter i believe, do i need this, looks like the positive of the battery goes directly to this and then feeds to fuse box, so i remove this device do i just circumvent this device, remove it, etc.... thanks all , these forums have been beer savers. :)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/banghead/
Stevo

you need photo bucket. Unless you can get the IMG tags copied off that, its for viewing in flkr only.

top device = rectumfier

middle = voltage reg

bottom = looks like TCI

very bottom = women's pleasure machine :)

Back