Hello people...

Thanks guys. As far as the Brat thing goes. The bike will be getting a seat that is a little more aggressive here in the near future. The clip-ons I'm not sure where they came from, or from what. They were 36mm, so I just made an adapter to take them down to the stock 34mm, 35mm (cant remember what they are) fork tubes.

Thanks again.

im sorry i didnt clarify which handlebars i was talking about. lol i was looking at the T-bars from the "original incarnation" but im also digging the blend of styles with the rearsets and clip-ons and all

Oh shit.. haha sorry. I was like, sheesh, this guy needs to get out more.

Ya the T bars are bolted in using the stock rubbers. And bolt on like a pair of harley bars. Super simple to do. And it's clean.

Welcome to the board, I recognize your bike (and your handle) from do the ton, love your xs!

Haha, oh shit, just realized this is an older thread, you joined b4 me, Doh!

Last edited:
Sure Jim,
When I get out there to finish them up I will take some pics of whats been done so far. And what ever it takes to finish them. I've made several sets in a similar fashion. I always utilize the stock passenger pegs. I like the way the fold up. Makes it easy to walk around the garage with multiple bikes in there, and never crack a shin, haha. We have a nice cycle salvage here in Boise. So I grab a "knuckle' for the peg that has the pivot for a lever already incorporated. From there I just kinda cut it all up and add to, or take away from. And re-arrange all the pieces to fit my application. No real science involved. More fly by the seat of my pants. I'm not one to purchase high dollar billet units. Only for the fact that I find them to always appear to be obviously decades newer than the bike. And out of place. This is all of course just my opinion.

Here are some poor pics of a set I had made earlier for my brothers bike.

SSPX0118.jpg

SSPX0119.jpg

Last edited:
That was the 1st version that I built for him. As you have probably noticed my bike go through alot of changes before I get around to finishing them. This is the bike when he picked it up after I was finished.
bW1jMS9EQ0lNL1NBVkVEL2ltYWdlanBlZ18yXzE4LmpwZw.jpg

Found another pic of the shift side.
SSPX0042.jpg

p_00556.jpg

p_00557.jpg

Back