1. Having trouble logging in? Try closing your browser and re-opening it. If that doesn't work, try a different browser or device. The site will be updated soon to resolve these browser issues.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Facebook people... We've created a group for XS400.com members to connect. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Want an XS400.com t-shirt? Go to the store to order. Limited sizes and quantities available.
    Dismiss Notice

Featured XS400 Bobber build/first post

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by volcomskater77, Oct 20, 2010.

Tags:
  1. thejadedfool

thejadedfool XS400 Enthusiast

Hey man can you take a pic of how you have the front mount of your springer seat done... I have been trying to figure out a good way to mount it...

2. volcomskater77

volcomskater77 XS400 Chopophile Top Contributor

positive. it cracked in half. lol

ill post a pic of what the seat mount looks like when i get home.

3. my 81 has the spoked with drum brakes

4. FUBAR

FUBAR XS400 Addict

hows the bike coming got er running yet?

im waiting for new goodies : '73 sportser tank, ape hangers and some other stuff.

where did you put all the electronics in the end?

5. volcomskater77

i cut up a stock harley oil bag. plate on one side, and its bounter under my seat. no pics yet till im dont i think. if i end up firing it up this weekend, ill post pics.

6. atothep

atothep Chop it! 54

Bump! :thumbsup: any updates?

7. xschris

xschris XS400 Guru Top Contributor

NY
    Yes yes anything new?

8. volcomskater77

not till i wire it. im dragging my feet. everything is assembled, and my fuel line is run, just gotta weld some tabs on my oil bag/electronics box and stuff some shit in there. im gonna be outta town this week, and my dad said he's gonna work on it a bit since he's off work for the week. got a feeling its gonna fire when i get back. after thats its just jetting (great...) and learning to ride the thing lol.

atothep, screw you. i was hoping ppl forgot about my bike, that way i could just pop in with one update and whore it out with some pics. *sigh* there goes that idea. lol. na ive just been lazy with pics and ive been workin on my 125, s10 and 88 stang. winter with a motorcycle thats almost done, but cant ride when it is = little motivation. but ill get on it just for yall. maybe some inspiration for chris.

9. xschris

NY
    Inspiration is what keeps me going:thumbsup:

Last edited: Sep 4, 2012
  10. henkie22222

henkie22222 xs 360 owner

:banghead:
    There are so many dutch beers that actually taste great, yet somehow only the crappy ones make it abroad.

Cheers mate :laugh:

11. xschris

NY
    My mother in-law and sister in-law went to the factory on a tour a few years ago and both don't drink! Dam it I was so pissed. Just stay on topic I love xs400's:laugh:

12. volcomskater77

not really an update but more of a tease. for you and me.
    dads been workin on gettin the thing to fire, but ere having carb issues. i gotta get new needles. great. and i still gotta weld some tabs for the electronic bix, tank, and tool bag. also picked up a fender not sure if im gonna use it or not, anyway. on with the pics.

kinda messy right now sorry for the shitty pics, flourescent lighting + bloggie = no-no. im actually gonna leave the tank raw and just clear coat it. not sure if i like the stickered alternator cover. might just keep it cuz im lazy.:D
    [​IMG]

carb work awesome...
    [​IMG]

REPRESENT!!!!!
    [​IMG]

cotta channel the frame support a bit. then itll sit straight and low. instead of sideways and cocked. lol
    [​IMG]

new stuff. might not use the fender. if i did, it would be raw metal. and the bag is gonna be mounted on the rear legs. already made the bracket template.
    [​IMG]

thats it for now. i said no more fullsize pics till its done didnt i?

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

13. Tubesteak

Tubesteak XS400 Enthusiast

lookin good. get that thing runnin

14. drewpy

drewpy Excess twin Top Contributor

yay, progress. now get that thing finished.....

15. XS400D

XS400D Carb Fiddling Enthusiast

Sorry, but I have to ask. What's with the random pic of a sleeping girl?

16. xschris

NY
    Yes I would like to know as well:laugh:

17. drewpy

drewpy Excess twin Top Contributor

I recon, gasket material.

anyone else have a theory?

18. xschris

NY
    A girl he might be stalking and taking pics of when she sleeps:laugh:

19. Reaper

Reaper Reaper Ramone

Yeah, but is he going to use the picture for gasket material......or the girl?

20. volcomskater77

all are wrong! lol a was wondering who was gonna catch that.
    i cut it outta a tempurpedic, or something like that, box to use as a template for......
    my license plate bracket! haha