Crush1776 New Build

Progress pics:

DSC01157.jpg

DSC01160.jpg

DSC01169.jpg

DSC01164.jpg

DSC01165.jpg

Q: Why would anyone in their right mind tear out a perfectly good wiring harness?

A: We are obviously not in our "right" minds!

DSC01144.jpg

So I had the tank and seat off to rip out the wiring, and I thought now would be a good time to do an initial cleaning...might as well take the carbs and headlight off! Busted out the 3 near empty cans of Gunk I had lying around and went to town with a scrub brush. Of course now my mad scientist (OK probably closer to Igor) brain is thinking: "while I've got it this far down I might as well pull the motor and paint the frame." Probably going to resist that urge for now as I want to stick to the original plan and do mods, shake down and work out the bugs, tear down and paint and then assemble. May detail the engine a bit in frame though.

DSC01186.jpg

DSC01184.jpg

LOW mileage!

DSC01179.jpg

Last edited:
I am definitely going to take mine down to the frame. I wont be content until everything looks clean and relatively new.

Do you have any inspection where you are? I have a feeling it probably isn't even legal to run without a speedo here in NH.

No inspection in Cali, bike is currently registered, may run a miniscopular bicycle speedo if I feel the need but I'm pretty good at math so I'm not too worried...I'll be sure and steer clear of NH on my grand tour :D

Yeah, lots of rules here :( Silly stuff too, like we need to have fenders to pass inspection. They also measure a bike's rake and have a maximum. We don't have to wear helmets, but we can't run without a fender... hm, priorities.

BC, you need to find some friends at the inspection place :)

Mass Is pretty much as bad as nh (worse IMO) but they dont care once you have a sticker (as long as its not breaking the law or overly unsafe)

Ive got some buddies at dealerships that will help me out.

Crush: where did you get that tach? How does it pick up a signal? very interested in that I may have to pick one up.

BTW those bars are kick ass

Why, eBay of course! Seller: seismiccycles. Got a sweet little headlight dimmer/ kill switch combo and a folding rearview as well. They sell mostly off-road and dual-sport stuff.

You wrap the lead wire (actually the only wire) from the tach around a spark plug wire, that's it! One button adjustment for sparks per revolution, sensitivity of the sensor, and 1 sec or 1/2 sec updates. Very basic item.

thanks Crush, just ordered meself one :)

no power wire to the unit?
what did you set the sparks per rev to? (im guessing thats the selector between 2-4 stroke?)

when it updates does it just give you a number like a momentay snapshot of what the rpm is? (only updates every 1/2 second?)

nice to grill the mind of someone who allready has one :bike:

thats similar to the Trailtech Vapor unit I used on my ZX7R streetfighter build...was thinking of going that route on my build eventually...ebay has some different options..lotta stuff outa China..

thanks Crush, just ordered meself one :)

no power wire to the unit?
what did you set the sparks per rev to? (im guessing thats the selector between 2-4 stroke?)

when it updates does it just give you a number like a momentay snapshot of what the rpm is? (only updates every 1/2 second?)

nice to grill the mind of someone who allready has one :bike:

Has an internal battery, no power wire.

Has 3 settings: 2, 1, and 0.5 PPR's (Pulse Per Revolution). I am guessing our bikes require 0.5 PPR, but haven't run it yet due to the aforementioned rewiring going on.

Here is video of it in action:

Pretty sure the works Connection and the Trail Tech TTO are the same mfg.

looking very good! cant help but notice the santa cruz under your table. i miss home (santa monica) snowboard in the morning and surf in the afternoon. :thumbsup:

looks great man. i love suede paint. did you clear it at all? or is it just black with flattener? and the battery sounds like a drugs street name or something. lol. do i see refractory? do you do casting it your spare time or something?

looking very good! cant help but notice the santa cruz under your table. i miss home (santa monica) snowboard in the morning and surf in the afternoon. :thumbsup:

The day I said I was going to do this is the day I tore my MCL on the mountain...looked good on paper though!

Back