Just another Bobber Build

Well, I finally got around to getting the bike back together. I must say it was a real pain in the ass running all those wires through these skinny little bars!! Took the bike for a few shakedown runs yesterday and it is really a blast to ride!! I still have a few odds and ends to do before spring but that will have to wait a little while. We have to get the Sportster ready for some pretty big shows this winter. Here's a couple pics of the XS. Hope you guys like the end result.

yammerwithapes.jpg

yammerwithapes2.jpg

very nice, are you going to polish the front brake drum or leave it as is?

liking the overall look :thumbsup:

I have a lot of polishing to do yet, including both brake drums. I will most likely polish those when I get new tires so I only have to take the wheels off once. It will probably be close to spring time before I get to it though

I'm seriously considering copying the rear end of this bike, its an awesome look!
Are the Rebel shocks a direct fit or is tweaking necessary? (Pardon me if someone asked, I've forgotten if you answered that.)

What length fish tail pipes did you purchase? Also, can you post more photos of the seat setup? I'm working on a XS360 and i was wondering how to mount a 13" seat with no springs. Thanks. ~ Rascal

I think the fishtails are 30" if I remember right....just cheapos from ebay. As far as the seat, not much more to show. It's super easy though, that is a larosa seat and I just simply bolted the front pivot mount to the gas tank bolt. Nothing to it at all.

Yea i seen some on ebay and they were 25" long, i figure i could just cut to fit. I saw a couple pages back the way you mounted it, was just trying to get a better view of where the pivot went, but i think i know what you mean. You have a nice bike, hoping to finish mine soon. Thanks for the info. ~ Rascal

Chev59_99 im runnning 1996 Rebel shocks on mine. The size is 10" eye to eye.

waycoolsportster question. Did you extend the cables yourself? im looking to get mine extended for some 14" apes, but nobody in my area does them. Was wondering if you or anyone else knew if xs650 cables would work?

Back