maybe a cafe build.....

got it off the bench and put the new bars on.
2cad320b.jpg

27b0c5f6.jpg

80d7a795.jpg

well i feel like i should justify myself, since the thread is labeled "maybe a cafe build" my intentions are to cafe this bike at some point. right now however i want to get it running and ride it for the summer. it will be next winter before i ever cafe it out. ive started ordering parts however, rearsets, clip ons, ect. since my seat is the standard height, ive decided to run the super bike bars instead of clip ons, otherwise it would be very uncomfortable for the summer. im pretty excited to get this thing on the road, so ive been working on it alot and posting tons of pics, if you guys get sick of the pics let me know. hahaha ive spent a lot of time on this thing and am maybe a bit prideful about it. haha
f66f225c.jpg

512e6a79.jpg

thanks drewpy! i wouldn't have those bitchen tires unless you suggested them. i really like the way they turned out. i have a road that twists around the lake right next to my house. cant wait to try em out!

looks great man. i love this bike so much, even though its stock. the bars ust look right and the paint shines. beautiful bike. you should post a riding video or something when your carving the corners. that way you can do a before (stock) and after (cafe).

first day on the road!! roder to work today... runs great! revs go up when i turn right, so i need to figure out whats up with the cable, but everything is a gooooooo....

7e678f16.jpg

is that a leather grip on the throttle? I was thinking about trying to find a set of grips like that for my bike

no, its the housing for the throttle. guess thats what you'd call it. i like that color too, i found some vinyl type ones that color and ordered some. should be here soon.

TO FRONT BRAKE!!! NO FRONT BRAKE!!!
thats what everyone siad to be before i decided to run mine. but i dont have a master cylinder or anything. so that'll wait

I love that blue and that your fenders are painted. I'm not a huge fan of chrome myself, but I am probably fairly young compared to many people interested in these bikes.

thanks for the comps guys!! yeah my front brake is in the process of getting rebuilt, so when im done, hopefully today, ill get it back on.
im not a big chrome fan either... even though im older than most hahaha:laugh: riding it for the first time yesterday was amazing, she just purrs right along with no problems at all. sounds great!!! im getting my plates today. then i have to start working on the motorcycle license. thats a sign im getting older haha ive never had the motorcycle endorsement but have owned a ton of bikes. legit!! :bike:

hey guys, been riding the bike to work this week. everything is legit with registration and title. woohoo! so these bits came in the mail the other day. im slowly going to order parts for the next winter tear down.

c9f61771.jpg

anyidea where they put your feet compared to the stock set? any higher, lower?

im guessing linkages need to be made to connect the brake/shifter controls?

Back