maybe a cafe build.....

ill make a bracket to mount it where i want exactly. havent really got that far yet though. im just stock piling parts for now. just picked up another bike to work on for a few months. ill just be riding the xs as a daily.

hey 77, should have it going in a couple weeks i hope. here it is.. the guy i got it from said he had someone clean the carbs and work over the engine. who knows what that means.. nice guy though.

1306d0f2.jpg

c45609bf.jpg

oh its a 72' cb350

Last edited:
cafedan, I copyied you and bought a set of those rear sets, Im going to mount them as soon as I get them, ill let you know how they work.

dude my buddy has the same bike in pieces in my garage...and he's painting it the same exact color..(was red)...he even got the decals custom made and in the mail yesterday....he'll be stoked

yeah im excited to chop up the little cb haha i wont feel bad because its not in near as good shape as the xs. i even been thinking about keeping the xs stock and cafe out the cb. who knows....

volcom, i bought a pw80 i was going to rebuild for my nephew. when i cracked the case open it was a rusty mess inside, so i know what you mean.. couldnt save much. sucked

ahale2772, they seem pretty solid. let me know how they work. thanks.

hardtailed77, im sure that would make a go cart fly!! haha hey i just helped my brother get his snow plane going, it was a task because i ordered parts and figuring out how, while he is clear up in idaho doing the work. haha here is a video of it running last week for the first time finally.... video quality sucks, ive been getting on my bro about that...

WTF is that I want one!

haha its an old airplane cockpit with the engine mounted on the back to push. kinda like a swamp boat but with skis for snow. my brother had it up to 70 mph! the engine is a 1940's franklin airplane engine thats 165 hp flat 6. the thing is.... there are no brakes and going downhill is like a sled ride!!:eek:

haha i know this is a forum for my xs400, but just wanted to share!!! i got it to fire!!!!! whoooo hoooooo the wiring was a mess so i chopped it up to get it running. ill wire the lights and switches later.

hey good morning guys. ? for yall this mornin. i have a vacumm hose that runs to the petcock from my left carb. its hooked between the carb and head. what im wondering is what about the other side? i plugged it, but my plug keeps getting blown off from pressure. it idles different with it plugged and non plugged. what do yall do with it?

that plug is essentially there for diagnostics. it acts as a port for collecting a vaccume reading. you should not have any pressure in your intake runner so it must be some other issue that its blowing off (backfiring at all?) the motor will run lean when it is off because its sucking in air that had not had a chance to get meterd through the carb.

just get a tighter fitting plug and you should be golden :thumbsup:

i found a plug! works good! so i havent taken the xs for a really long spin yet, ive been going around the neighborhood here and there. well this morning, i went to get my car keys and found they were in my wifes car at her work. so i drove about 12miles there and back in 40 degree weather with the wind blowing about 15-30 mph. fun fun fun. let me tell you. was not my idea of a great maiden voyage, but she ran beautiful!!!! oh i did run out of gas, but other than that, she purrs right along with no problems at all. the only thing i need to fix fast is the rubbers for the handle bars are loose, so i get a bit of a wobble and the tank is loose because its been spread out if that makes sense. over all a great ride. just cold and windy haha

Rubbers for the handlebars? What do you mean? It sounds like a good time. I can't wait to terrorize my neighborhood once my parts come in in the next week or two.

yea... im pretty sure my neighbors hate me. ALOT! i ran mine without exhaust for a few days when i was tweaking it. haha

what i need is #13's i just cant tighten it enough, so im sure they are just old and loose. any ideas where to get some reasonable?
Screenshot2011-03-30at123846PM.png

Hm, if it was available from bikebandit I am sure they would want way too much money for it, but I have a sinister idea! Make a spacer! I have not taken a close look at this part, but it looks like making a large round gasket (like #14) to fill up some space might do the trick and cost you next to nothing.

From my car experience people make bushings and such for car suspension out of urethane if you want to get all high end. You can find all sorts of how-tos on that and it looks like it would be a very similar job.

Back