Another New Guy and Simplex/Boardtrack Project

Thanks 81,
I better get on with that progress...if I want to be done this month!!!!

Here is the latest: Since I forgot about the curve for the top tube to match the tanks, a solution was made. Can you tell me what that is between the tanks? It still needs finish work.

Attachments

• Tank1.jpg
    Tank1.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 335
  • Tank2.jpg
    Tank2.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 346
  • Tank3.jpg
    Tank3.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 358
  • Tank4.jpg
    Tank4.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 355
i just came. a lot. thats simple. its the center piece from a 57 chevy hood emblem. ;). noone has answered my question in my thread about what car is behind the bike while its being welded. it looks great man. i wanna see a close up of that seat. what is it off of?

Volcom...need some Kleenex? Too funny!!! You are right, an old '57 Chevy bird had her wings clipped!! The saddle is vinyl covered re-pop got at a motorcycle swap meet. Tore the material off will cover and with suede and rivet on.

Got the seat mounted, battery box made and started the girder fork. I think I am going to switch from 4" to 3" springs for the seat.

Attachments

• Forks 7.jpg
    Forks 7.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 314
  • Forks 6.jpg
    Forks 6.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 274
  • Forks 4.jpg
    Forks 4.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 281
  • Forks 2.jpg
    Forks 2.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 290
  • Forks 1.jpg
    Forks 1.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 300
  • fork blades.jpg
    fork blades.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 295
Here is how the centerpiece started.

Attachments

• Centerpiece 1.jpg
    Centerpiece 1.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 290
Clipping her wings...she won't need them on this bike.

Attachments

• Centerpiece 2.jpg
    Centerpiece 2.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 253
HOURS of grinding and sanding.

Attachments

• Centerpiece 3.jpg
    Centerpiece 3.jpg
    300.2 KB · Views: 267
  • Centerpiece 4.jpg
    Centerpiece 4.jpg
    305 KB · Views: 284
Polished and ready for the plater's touch.

Attachments

• Centerpiece 5.jpg
    Centerpiece 5.jpg
    300.1 KB · Views: 272
  • Centerpiece 6.jpg
    Centerpiece 6.jpg
    307.8 KB · Views: 271
Electronics!!! I am thinking about where to put them. Three ideas:
1. Make a box that matches the triangle shape of the seat and keep it high and small.
2. Make a round oil tank and put all the electronics in it
3. Buy an early small brass fire extinguisher, install it vertically in the same location and put the electronics in there.
Your opinion counts.

looking sick Daddio,
why not use the battery box and extend that to put your electrics in? some thing that will shape around that downtube !
Oh and that tank filler reminded me of this

The-Plane-Panel.jpg

:D

might be too much work, but if you want to keep everything super hidden to keep that bare bones board tracker feel, i got a doozy for ya. im warning you, might take a lot of fab work.
here it goes.
since you need a something to mount the top motor mount to, put a piece of that frame tubing on level with the bottom of the tanks, then cut the inside off one of them, and then weld tabs (with nuts welded onto on the backsides of said tabs) onto the inside. you want them level, so that when you go and screw (countersunk) the side back on, its all flush. solid mount the side of the tank to that tube i mentioned earlier and to the underside of the backbone. so that the flat part of the tank will be flush with the backbone and motor mount, and it should look like this, (see pic below). now in order to get at the electronics, youll have to take off the other gas tank, and un screw the screws, and since it screws INTO the tank, the tank comes off, and the electronics stap in place :) o yeah, and run internal wiring. you can start the applause now lol

2011-06-14_13-02-33_361-1.jpg

red is new tubing, and black is the motor mount

DSCF3099-1-1.jpg

dots are countersunk screws, and the L shapes are where it wounts to the backbone and top mount for the motor.

im a fabricator, not an artist/photobucket wizard. so dont hate the crude drawings.

Drewpy, you took the expression right off my face!!!
Volcum,
I hear you and I thought about that too though not exactly like your idea. I don't think I am up to that. I do need to notch that area already for the front brake master cylinder as I am doing a mechanical cable to hydro in that area. I am leaning towards Drewpy's idea though might do an oil tank with some fake copper lines to add to the vintage feel.

lol. i didnt mean for it to sound smart, i forgot to add LOL onto the end. funny how those three letters make all the difference. after reading your reactions, this seemed fitting for a puncuation to my last post

Back