Another New Guy and Simplex/Boardtrack Project

One of my favorite shows....don't worry about it, I work with the government everyday. I am used to slander.:laugh: I have 19 days to finish making the bars, battery box, tabs, prep, paint, electrical, brakes, motor and reassembly. plus the 100 little things like sprocket and chain which I didn't mention. I have to get busy.

Just traded my forks for some original ones. Think it was a good trade. Mine were solid bar and these are tube. Lou thinks they will work better on a heavier bike, (like a twin to mine with an ironhead) and I want this thing as light as possible for obvious (400 of em) reasons.

i woulda traded you. :'( i love the girder. would you ever make a springer if money was to persuade you in some way? i would supply all neccessary springs and such wouldnt be till winter tho.

We could talk but actually I would have Lou do it. He is the man...I just help and have fun. He is a fabricator for a living and I am a copier. With shipping from CA. I bet you can get it cheaper in IL.

Got the lower seat springs today, going to have to change the perch mounts. Also put on the new fork and have to change the perch for that spring as well. Made the bars they have a cool shape and are comfortable. Came up with a killer idea for the electrical box. Bringing in the art deco era of Simplex!!! It will be cool!!! Here are some more pictures.

Attachments

• bars 1.jpg
    bars 1.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 351
  • Bars 3.jpg
    Bars 3.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 307
A couple more. Also ordered brakes and some wiring today.

Attachments

• Bars 6.jpg
    Bars 6.jpg
    260.2 KB · Views: 300
  • Bars 7.jpg
    Bars 7.jpg
    213.1 KB · Views: 296
Thanks Volcum, the bars are really comfortable too...like they were shaped just for me!!!
Drewpy, that Guy has nothing to worry about...I don't finish to that level anymore for two reasons: 1. It makes me freak about the bike when I ride. 2. I don't enjoy sitting around shows. This bike will be cool I hope but it will be ridden....a lot.

Here is another shot from the front. The bike looks really skinny in person.

Attachments

• Bars 4.jpg
    Bars 4.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 299
I go on Lowbrow for ideas, but I have never bought from them...they have some cool stuff though.

We were talking about tank ideas and the electrical/battery box idea looked too open. So this is what we came up with.

Attachments

• Oil Tank 2.jpg
    Oil Tank 2.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 323
  • Oil Tank 3.jpg
    Oil Tank 3.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 370
So I guess I am wrong about the bird...she is a '55. I bought it at a swap meet and thought I was told it was a '57.

Attachments

• Birds.jpg
    Birds.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 301
Finally got my rotors today and my wires yesterday. Can fab up the brake tabs now. Soon as I can get back to Lou's shop!!!!

Attachments

• Rotors and wires.jpg
    Rotors and wires.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 286
Back